- Bald Celebrities
- Baldness Basics
- Baldness in Women
- Grey Hair Product Reviews
- Hair Loss Causes
- Hair Loss Concealer Reviews
- Hair Loss Guides
- Hair Loss Laser Comb Reviews
- Hair Loss Product Reviews
- Hair Loss Shampoo Reviews
- Hair Loss Videos
- Minoxidil Reviews
- Oil Treatment for Hair
- Popular Hair Loss Treatments
- Propecia Reviews
- Vitamins for Hair Loss Reviews
- Wigs and Hairpieces
- January 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Hair loss can be very devastating. Sometimes it happens and we do not know what to do. A lot of well-meaning friends suggest various types of treatment and some work and some do not. Doctors and specialists can be very expensive, they may order some tests done like scalp biopsy, follicle analysis, and some other tests to get to the root cause of your hair loss problem.
It’s not that we do not have the money for these tests and medication. There are actually home remedies for hair loss that we can try prior to getting alarmed and rushing to the emergency clinic and go looking for specialists.
When our parents or grandparents were still very young, there were no specialists available for every small itsy bitsy illness that they have. They practiced home treatment that proved to help them during those times. Let’s look at the different home remedy materials to help us treat or at least prevent hair loss that can lead to baldness.
- Henna leaves: Some used Henna leaves; they had it boiled with mustard oil. This is then applied to thinning hair and bald patches.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Another alternative is ground fenugreek seeds and this is mixed with a bit of water and applied directly to the scalp. These are considered natural home remedies for baldness as well as preventive measures for hair loss that eventually leads to baldness.
- Safflower Oil: Safflower if used on a daily basis to massage your hair can be a very good home remedy treatment. Use it to massage hair on a daily basis. It should be beneficial and you should find improvement once you use this oil on your hair and scalp.
- Essential oils: Jojoba essential oil, olive oil, and rosemary oil are known essential oils to stop hair loss. They can be used for scalp massage.
- Tea tree oil, Peppermint essential oil, Grapefruit seed oil, and Chamomile essential oil: These oils should be regularly scrubbed and massage to your scalp to trigger and aid hair growth.
- Lavender oil: You can formulate a mixture of lavender oil blended with some base oil like almond oil and spray it on the hair and scalp. This is one of the most effective home remedy treatments for hair fall. If used for massage or spray, it can trigger hair growth if used regularly. Use the oils for scalp and hair massage, some rinse it off and others who need aggressive treatment just leave it on. Anyhow they smell great. These essential oils can now be purchased from various stores that sell natural medicine. It’s either you make them or for convenience you can just go ahead and buy. Your condition should improve if you are able to do it daily for at least a month or two.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil can be sourced from the castor bean. It’s a vegetable oil which contains ricinoleic acid (as in the toxin ricin) which is a natural antifungal and antibacterial treatment. Though it is popularly known to be a laxative, it is also being used to treat various skin and hair problems. Castor oil is used to treat scalp and hair infections that may probably lead to hair loss. It is best to apply castor oil onto your scalp before bed time. Use it like how you apply a hot oil treatment. After you have massaged your scalp by rubbing castor, put on a plastic shower cap, make sure to wrap your head in a towel and leave it on overnight. This home remedy treatment for hair loss also contains omega-9 fatty acids which can regenerate hair by nourishing the scalp and hair follicles.
- Saw Palmetto: Saw Palmetto is another alternative medicine used for hair loss prevention and treatment. You can find them in pill form or in shampoo form too. A popular hair loss remedy in North America, they use this for alopecia.
Home remedies were being practiced all over the world since ancient times. From China to India and to some other countries, these home remedy medicines proved to be beneficial as well as cost efficient.
This article was posted on October 3rd, 2012 in Oil Treatment for Hair
Recent Reviews and Articles
- FINALLY the Truth about Stopping Your Hair Loss!
- The Effects of Aloe Vera on Hair Loss
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss
- Why Some Women Shave their Head?
- Childbirth and Hair Loss
- Baldness and its Psychological Impact on Men
- Are You Heartbroken? Be Ready for Hair Loss
- Hair Rebonding and Hair Fall
- Can Creatine Monohydrate Cause Hair Loss?
- Thyroid Hair Loss
Premium Minoxidil Products
Most Popular Articles and Reviews
- ahmed:Do the Revivogen have an effect on a man's fertility?...
- Doc98:well 4rx are back with visa card payment method, which is great news, as this website offers...
- admin:2 capsules a day. if twice daily then you're correct....
- Hmmm:Don't know about that. I've tried both the Medium Brown in XFusion and Toppik. Though they...
- Candace Roche:2 capsules twice daily is four capsules which means the bottle is a one month supply at...