- Bald Celebrities
- Baldness Basics
- Baldness in Women
- Grey Hair Product Reviews
- Hair Loss Causes
- Hair Loss Concealer Reviews
- Hair Loss Guides
- Hair Loss Laser Comb Reviews
- Hair Loss Product Reviews
- Hair Loss Shampoo Reviews
- Hair Loss Videos
- Minoxidil Reviews
- Oil Treatment for Hair
- Popular Hair Loss Treatments
- Propecia Reviews
- Vitamins for Hair Loss Reviews
- Wigs and Hairpieces
- January 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
DHT Blocker Products
As you already know there are 2 types of baldness cure:
1. DHT blockers – products that work to reduce the enzyme 5AR that converts testosterone to DHT. These are also called “DHT inhibators” or “5AR inhibators” but the terminology doesn’t really matter.
2. Follicles stimulators - products that work to improve blood stream in the scalp and stimulate the follicles to grow hair.
In this post I will explain the types of DHT blocker products.
DHT blocker products Types
2. Natural DHT blocker products (herbal DHT blocker products)
DHT Blocker Medications
Oral DHT blocker products: In this group you will find the 2 famous medications – finasteride (Propecia and Proscar) and Dutasteride (Avodart). These are oral treatments for men only, meaning that women must not use them. Men can get these medications only with prescription or without prescription online (4rx.com provides the best prices online).
Topical DHT blocker products: In this group you will find Spironolactone 5% (also known as Spiro 5% or S5) and Azeliac Acid based products such as Xandrox and Retin A – all creams and solutions you apply on the scalp. These are “semi-medications”, as they are based on medications used for other medical conditions (for example Spiro is a very strong oral heart medication and also a strong ant androgen) and are used in low concentrations in topical hair loss treatments. You can get them without prescription online. These can be used by women and men, but women should get an expert’s advice before using it.
Natural/Herbal DHT Blocker Products
Oral natural DHT blocker products: These are basically Saw Palmetto products, including Saw Palmetto supplements, Provillus for Men, Procerin and other natural herbal baldness cures. There are also oral products for women, basically less Saw Palmetoo based. Shem Min DHT blocker for women includes soy and Saw Palmetto, and is an oral natural baldness cure.
Topical natural DHT blocker products: These are products that includes topical solutions to be applied on the scalp, such as Revivogen, Inhairit and others and also include DHT blocker shampoos (that are less effective if at all). These include Saw Palmetto and fatty acids as well as vitamins, mineral and antioxidants, and are designed for men and women.
DHT Blocker Side Effects
I’m sure you are looking for safe DHT blocker products, so the side effects are important to explain.
Oral DHT blocker medications – are usually safe for men, but may cause side effects. Both Propecia and Avodart may cause reduction in libido, erection, and other physiological responses. Still, Propecia is proven as a baldness cure and is very effective, the side effects appears in less the 2% of the users. Avodart/dutasteride has more side effects but is more effective. It is not officially approved as a baldness cure. Men must not donate blood if using these medications and up to 6 months after stop using and must inform there doctor before every examination that they use these drugs, as it may effect the medical results interpretation. If you are a professional athlete – you must not use these drugs as they are prohibited, just like steroids.
Topical DHT blocker products: Whether these are natural or medical based DHT blocker products, side effects are usually mild if any, and may includes skin irritation. Topical treatments are considered to be relevantly safe as they are applied locally and not pass through the blood like oral baldness cures, and this is also why DHT blocker products for women exist (women and men use the same topical DHT blockers).
Oral natural DHT blocker products: no side effects according to the manufacturers as these are all natural products.
What are the Best DHT Blocker Products?
For men – the medication are the best but they may come with side effects, next are the topical and natural DHT blockers.
For women – the topical natural/herbal DHT blockers.
DHT Blocker Products Conclution
If you are a men who would like to get the most out of the DHT blockers you may consider a combination of topical and oral baldness cures. You may use Propecia and Revivogen for example.
If you are a women you can’t use the oral DHT blocker products that are designed for men, but you can use almost all the topical products, and specific natural oral DHT blockers for women. Note that some of the topical products are extremely effective, and together with other treatments to stimulate hair follicles you have great chances to stop your hair loss are restore your hair.
Recent Reviews and Articles
- FINALLY the Truth about Stopping Your Hair Loss!
- The Effects of Aloe Vera on Hair Loss
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss
- Why Some Women Shave their Head?
- Childbirth and Hair Loss
- Baldness and its Psychological Impact on Men
- Are You Heartbroken? Be Ready for Hair Loss
- Hair Rebonding and Hair Fall
- Can Creatine Monohydrate Cause Hair Loss?
- Thyroid Hair Loss
Premium Minoxidil Products
Most Popular Articles and Reviews
- admin:2 capsules a day. if twice daily then you're correct....
- Hmmm:Don't know about that. I've tried both the Medium Brown in XFusion and Toppik. Though they...
- Candace Roche:2 capsules twice daily is four capsules which means the bottle is a one month supply at...
- brandonc:At last someone who puts all the knowledge and know-how together. This is definitely the bible of...
- daniel77:man i've been waiting for this for years. this spex guy is amazing, basically gives you all...